- MULTI-OUTLET FUNCTION: The Nekteck Rotating-Plug Power Surge Protector 6 ft Cord has 6 x 90°/180° rotating AC outlets and 2 built-in USB ports that provide 2.4A maximum output. You can now plug up to 6 devices at a time. A great solution to keeping your devices powered on!
- BUILT-IN SMART PROTECTION: This surge protector provides 540 Joule Energy Rating which protects your basic electronic devices like computers, peripherals, household electronics, and other devices from sudden surges and lightning strikes.
- UNIQUE AND SPACE-SAVING DESIGN: Make plugging in easy and convenient! The AC outlets' unique 90°/180° rotating design gives added flexibility so you have enough space to place your application. PLUS, its flat 360° rotating main plug is designed to fit easily in tight spaces and behind furniture. The surge protection indicator ensures that your devices are plugged safely.
- COMPATIBILITY: USB ports can charge Apple and Android Phones, Ipad, Tablets, MP3, MP4, GPS, and any other USB devices.
- SAFETY AND WARRANTY: The Nekteck Rotational Surge Protector is UL Certified; With 12 months warranty and lifetime technical support with friendly customer service.
- The power switch is not lighted.
- This power strip only work with 120V electricity, make sure your power voltage before using if you are NOT in U.S
Is this power strip designed for surface or wall mounting?
Yes, you can do wall mounting.
What is the difference between a surge supressor and a surge protector?
Suppressor suppresses & regulates the voltage & makes the power constant in case of a surge. The protector detects the surge & turns the unit off.
Can the USB be used for more than just charging?
No. The USB A ports are output only. Max 5V2.4A (12W) each.You also need to be aware that these USB A Ports are not QualComm certified,which means that it will not support Fast Charging on Smart Phones.
Is this enough to protect 4K flat screen TVs and still be able to plug multiple game consoles?
Answer:I have my 4K telly, a sound system, a 4K disc player, AND 2 gaming consoles all plugged in and protected without problem. Occasionally, I'll use the USB ports to charge 3D glasses as well.
How to mount? I bought this and don’t know how to mount it under my desk?
Easy, turn it over and on the back are to "+". Those are for the heads of screws. They are 10" apart. Mark that on your desk where you want to put the power strip. If you don't want to use screws, use a heavy-duty commercial double-sided tape or try heavy-duty velcro.
Is this 2.4 amps per USB port or 2.4 amps total?
They are 2.4 amp each.
Can the usb ports charge an ipad or will i have to use the plug?
Yes. I charge my iPad Pro and iPad mini every night using the usb ports.
What is the difference between 540 joule energy rating protection and 1800 watts protection rating? Which matters most, joules?
I had to look this up myself for a good explanation. But here is what I found.
"Energy absorption/dissipation - This rating, given in joules, tells you how much energy the surge protector can absorb before it fails. A higher number indicates greater protection. Look for a protector that is at least rated at 200 to 400 joules. For better protection, look for a rating of 600 joules or more."